Mobile App Stats
These days, it’s hard to imagine everyday life without mobile apps. After all, apps are present in almost everything we do from banking, traveling, shopping, dining, cooking, exercising, and WOW, how the list goes on. That leads us to the now very common statement, “There’s gotta be an app for that.” While mobile app usage continues to be on the rise, mobile app development is also getting bigger, better, and more efficient. Check out the stats below…
- According to Statista, in July 2015, there were 1.6 million apps available for Android users and 1.5 million apps available for Apple devices.
- A BI Intelligence Report showed that in 2014, purchases made through mobile devices increased by 48% from the previous year to around $8 billion.
- A comScore report indicated that in July 2014, over 60% of web traffic for the nine biggest U.S. retail websites came from mobile devices. Most of those purchases originated from mobile apps.
- Last fall, mobile devices accounted for 22% of all retail e-commerce sales in the U.S. That number is expected to reach 27% by 2018.
- Almost one-third of e-commerce sales originate from mobile devices, and the majority of them are in-app sales.
- According to a recent Flurry Analytics study, the average American consumer spends 86% of their smartphone time on apps. That same study found that, on average, smartphone users spend around 2 hours and 42 minutes on mobile devices, using 2 hours and 19 minutes of that time on apps.
- In May 2014, 60% of total digital media time was spent on mobile devices. Fifty-one percent of that time was represented by app usage.
- A Nielson report showed that smartphone users spend around 89% of their media time in mobile apps, and the remaining 11 % on mobile web.
Considering these statistics, a mobile app is a critical component to any marketing strategy. For information on how can develop an app for your business, please give us a call!