Better Advantage for Retailers with Beacons and Apple’s iBeacons
Beacons are becoming more and more popular amongst retailers since consumers are now increasingly engaging with this new trend. This holiday season, those retailers who have beacons are going to have more of an advantage targeting shoppers with their marketing campaigns. Retailers can push notifications to those within a certain location with store content and offers.
It’s a genius marketing tool. Many retailers advertise via commericials, print, and online which is great. However, to send content to a shopper that’s currently shopping near the retailer will have a much higher success rate.
Swirl, a company that supplies the beacons to retailers, recently published informative content and stats to back up this claim.
- 60 percent of shoppers open and engage with beacon-triggered content
- 30 percent of shoppers redeem beacon-triggered offers at the point of purchase
- 73 percent of shoppers surveyed said that beacon-triggered content and offers increased their likelihood to purchase during their store visit
- 61 percent said they would do more holiday shopping at stores that delivered mobile content and offers while they shop
- 61 percent said they would visit a store with beacon marketing campaigns more often
- 60 percent said they would buy more as a result of receiving beacon-triggered marketing messages
These are astounding facts! Every retailer should jump on board. Even Apple has a built in iBeacon software that allows the user’s phone to pick up nearby content and offers.
Image courtesy of Vlado at FreeDigitalPhotos.net