Apple to Introduce Force Touch for iPhone 6
We’re never bored in the mobile app development world as there’s always a new latest and greatest in the works. According to reports, we can expect Force Touch, Apple’s new pressure-sensing technology that will soon be added to Apple Watch and MacBook, to be included in the iPhone 6 update later this year.
How will this affect what we do at Blue Whale? According to an article on Mashable.com, there are two main factors that will be app development friendly, “First of all, it solves the problem of how you create ‘pressable buttons’ in devices that either do not actually support button movement, or where they’re so thin that the movement has to be significantly limited. It also means that app developers can use this ‘faked’ range of motion to activate additional features in their apps.”
In a nutshell, here’s what we can hopefully expect from Force Touch on iPhone 6:
- The double click you use to see all running apps disappears in favor of a harder press.
- Improve finger registering in Touch ID.
- Add a physical dimension to game play where you can “feel” gunshots, steps, and running.
- Easily make changes with editing tools, i.e. drawing widths or spray paint.
- Pair with iPhone Sight camera to improve zooming capabilities.
Force Touch has a lot riding on it with a ton of expectations that some say will “likely transform the way we interact with Apple’s best-selling mobile device.”
To read this article in full on mashable.com, click here.
What are your thoughts on this new feature?