5 Steps to Get Noticed: Inside Tips for the iPad App Developer
For the aspiring iPad app developer, getting noticed by Apple can launch your career to the next level. Experienced iPad app developers know that having an app featured by Apple employees as a recommended favorite equals instant success and a huge surge in sales. If Apple’s crew likes your app enough to feature it, chances are good iOS app consumers will eat it up and ask for more.
But how do you gear your iOS app to appeal to Apple, and the masses, while still adhering to the integrity and purpose of your app? Do you need a flashy title or icon? Is a certain category of apps better than others? Should you pour everything into graphics or user interface? What exactly do Apple employees look for when featuring an app?
Knowing what to add to your iOS app to increase your chances of being featured by Apple is a smart way to garner an edge and rocket your way to record sales and increased brand name for your iOS app development company. In a recent Business Insider publication, a former Apple employee provides inside tips on what Apple looks for when selecting apps to feature in the App Store.
Inside Tips from a Former Apple Employee for iPad App Developers
- Execution is everything. A well-designed app that performs flawlessly is a big positive in Apple’s eyes, as well as consumers. Less hiccups during execution makes them look good, and cuts down on requests for refunds due to faulty apps that fail to load or perform properly. Make sure your app does what it should and performs well in order to gain points with the Apple reviewers.
- Include a demo video about the app. A brief video showing what your app does and how it does it is a great way to give reviewers and fans a quick peek into the app before they buy. It also shows you are serious about promoting and backing your app, and that you’ve created a quality product worth looking into.
- Rub elbows with Apple employees. Try to attend big events like WWDC where you’ll have an opportunity to meet Apple employees in person and pitch your app. If they like what they see, they’re more likely to feature your app.
- Take advantage of popular publications. Read what Apple employees read, and try to get your app mentioned there. Tech blogs and publications like Mac World are the perfect place for an ad or write up since more Apple employees are likely to peruse the pages. Reading Apple employee’s favorite publications online and off also gives you great insight into the pulse of the industry and provides great fodder for intelligent conversation about relevant topics when you bump into an Apple employee at an event or trade show.
- Add in the newest features. Anytime a new feature is released by Apple, consumers are chomping at the bit to try it out. If your app utilizes these latest and greatest features, you’re more likely to be noticed and reviewed quickly.
While there are other tweaks that can help you get your app noticed, these five tips come straight from a former Apple employee and will help you propel your iOS app to the top of the charts. They combine smart marketing with creating a quality product to result in an app worthy of Apple’s stamp of approval. If you’re serious about being the best iPad app developer out there, these steps will help you reach your goal. The diligent iPad app developer hones his app until the execution is flawless, promotes his apps in relevant publications and with demo videos, places himself in a position to interact with those who influence his industry, and utilizes the latest features to meet the public’s demand. Do you have what it takes to be a top iPad app developer?