App Developer Jobs at Blue Whale Apps
Blue Whale is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions. If interested, please send an email to jobs [at] bluewhaleapps [dot] com with links to your portfolio and/or website. Include the job title in the subject line. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We are seeking both contract and full time positions.iPhone Developer, iPad Developer, iOS Developer Wanted for Cutting Edge App Development Company - iOS, Objective-C, Cocoa, Xcode.
Blue Whale Apps is a boutique app development firm based in South Florida with an amazing work environment and corporate culture.
We are searching for a Senior iOS Developer with at least 3 years experience developing on the iOS platform and several apps available in the iTunes Store.
Blue Whale offers an outstanding and highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a fantastic work environment, option to tele commute and company perks (we like to work hard and play hard!).
We are looking for the right person to join our team, so if relocating to sunny Florida is an option for you, then read on!
Required Skills For This Position
• Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills
• Experience with iOS Development: XCode, UI Kit, Cocoa Touch and Apple HIG
• Experience with at least one of the following Cocos2D, OpenGL, Unity or other iOS related game engines.
• At least one year of proven and demonstrable iOS experience
• Knowledge of web services, REST APIs
• Strong sense of system architecture as it relates to mobile apps
• Solid understanding of Apple HIG and the latest operating systems, features and APIs
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies, Jira SaaS
• A rock star at debugging and QA own code and delivering nearly bug-free code to QA team
• Experience with version control systems such as Git and Bitbucket
• Experience in publishing apps to the App Store, Certificates, and Provisioning Profiles etc.
• Solid understanding of user interaction concept differences between iPad and iPhone versions of iOS
• A desire to learn, humility and a cheerful disposition
An Exceptional Applicant Will
• Have attended WWDC at least once or in the past
• Have the latest devices (iPhone 4S, iPad2)
• Have experience developing for the Mac platform before iOS, Cocoa etc.
• Have at least 5 years experience in web programming
• Have experience with Apple Push Services (Urban Airship or custom code)
As a Senior iOS Engineer, You will be….
• Interfacing with our Clients to define requirements, estimates and project timelines
• Participating and help to define project scope.
• Involved in the full lifecycle development of the project, from UI/UX Design, Development, Testing, QA, Bug Fixing and Submission.
• Working on internal projects and contributing app ideas for development consideration
• Working directly with the Art Director and Project Manager
• Reporting to directly to the CTO
Project Manager - Mobile Applications
Blue Whale Web Solutions, Inc is seeking an experienced Project Manager of Mobile Applications to work out of our South Florida office. You will be involved in overseeing the development and tracking of iOS, and Android application projects, establish and maintain project communications between Clients and the CTO.
+ Oversees project estimations and the development of project deliverables.
+ Establishes and maintain processes to manage scope, issues, and action items throughout the project lifecycle.
+ Identifies and manage project issues and set project quality and performance standards.
+ Assesses and manages risk over the project lifecycle.
+ Clarifies and communicates project objectives, including detail understanding of milestones, deliverables and success criteria.
+ Ensures key project-wide roles and responsibilities are defined.
+ Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects.
+ Manages third-party partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary.
+ Manages peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications internal and external, negotiations, escalation to senior management, and customer feedback).
+ Provides day-to-day project contact for the customer.
Knowledge & Skills
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
+ Highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects
+ Must have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
+ Flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver integrated solutions
+ Solid facilitation and problem solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals
+ Self-directed and the ability to work independently and manage communications up and down
+ Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal)
+ An entrepreneurial spirit and the flexibility to adapt as the project evolves.